Career Opportunities with Aquatec
Aquatec is a well established, UK-based underwater instrumentation company, with growing sales in oceanographic and subsea offshore markets around the world. Our current vacancies are listed below. No agencies, please.
Aquatec is a fast paced work environment - there's plenty of individual responsibility, regular opportunities to make a tangible contribution, and the satisfaction of providing a unique, tailored solution for our customers.
Hours: Full time, 37.5hrs per week
The successful candidate will be an experienced Engineer with substantial expertise in embedded electronics and keen to work in an interesting and challenging technical environment. You will be able to work independently, using your own initiative, working to tight deadlines with a positive work ethic and conscientious approach. Projects can range from a small tweak of an existing product to complete design of a new product or system and you will often be involved in the full design cycle of a project, from concept to completion.
- Implementation of designs using wide-ranging engineering skills
- Innovative design of electronic, signal processing, and firmware solutions for a diverse range of subsea instrumentation products and systems
- Design of electronic systems and assemblies to meet design specifications
- Production and maintenance of technical, production, and user documentation
- Use innovative design techniques to specify and develop technical solutions within the constraints of time, cost, marketability and serviceability
- Develop detailed technical specifications from customer or internal company technical requirements
- Design, implement, and commission electronic systems and subsystems
- Design and implement embedded and PC-based software
- Degree in electronic engineering, or multi-disciplinary engineering with a substantial electronics content
- Experience in the design of embedded electronics hardware and embedded software, ideally 5 years’ or more
- Knowledge and understanding of instrumentation and measurement
- Must be able to communicate clearly in English, both verbally and in writing
- Microcontroller, DSP and C capabilities
- Enthusiasm and good organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Able to work independently in the context of the wider company team
- Good problem solving skills
- Candidates must have entitlement to permanent work in the UK